View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 02:48 PM   #28
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
And this is why it makes sense for people to back up their electronic content on their computer and not trust it to Amazons cloud. You can download all of your e-books to your computer pretty easily. I imagine you can do the same for videos and MP3s but I don't know for certain because I have not bought any of that from Amazon.

If something does happen to your account, it is hacked or locked out for some reason, you have the books on your computer and you are good to go. At least, you have them to sideload back on to your Kindle. It also gives you options if you want to take advantage of them.
Not just simple back-up, either. You need to remove DRM or you might find your backed up ebooks useless. For music, they're just plain DRM-free MP3 files so backing up is trivial.

For movies, if you have the latest version of Amazon Unbox and Windows Media DRM installed, then you can't remove the DRM. With the price of the videos for sale though, you're better off purchasing higher quality Blu-ray or DVD versions, anyway. At least there are tools available to remove the DRM from those if you want to make back-ups.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote