View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 08:44 AM   #3
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerp245 View Post
Can the update 'function' be inspected IOT change the web address to a different one?
A great idea that would definitely work. The only problem is you would only be able to point the Update App to one file. In other words, I may want to stick with Dingo and don't want the Ermine update. When Entourage rolled out these updates they only provided the most recent one which happened to be Ermine. However, since this is the update most people want this might make sense.

I still think it would be nice and maybe easier overall to pinpoint the folder where the update downloads to in case you want to revert back to Dingo or even update Dingo, or update to Ermine, or pablob RC3. I think the eDGe will perform an update IF there is update.zip in the correct folder when the Update App is run. If it doesn't find the update.zip, it goes out to the Entourage server which we know no longer exists and tries to download it.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-28-2012 at 10:41 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote