View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #14
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novo View Post
Are you sure this is correct? Don't work for me.

This one works.
I first discovered the "eips -g ." but that reports that it cannot display image file ".".

Later I discovered that you can tell it to display emtpy text (just two single-quotes or two double-quotes) and that works too, but with no error messages.

I have done cat to and from framebuffer, but with dd you do not need to save the entire thing. The problem is sometimes the width is 608 instead of 600. You can tell with "eips -i".

Framebuffer images compress very nicely with gz (lots of white space), so I like to display them with "zcat image1.gz > /dev/fb0".

I did notice that "dd" seems to be more reliable for copying from the framebuffer than cat (I do not know why). You can view raw framebuffer contents (like fb0.raw) with IrfanView. Why you open a ".raw" file it asks you for width (600 or 608), height (800) and bits-per-pixel (8). If it displays skewed at 600 wide, try opening it at 608 wide (or vice versa).

The k4nt seems to always use 600, but the touch sometimes changes between 608 and 600. Main boot is 600, but diags is 608, and during a reboot (like in my RUNME.sh) it could be in either mode. You can check the mode with "eips -i" and grep the "virtual xres" line and use cut or awk to extract the number. Then use that to decide which image to display. I have most images in 600 and 608 widths. If I extract the eips virtual xres to var $i, then I display my image with "zcat imgabc$i.gz".

On the k3 and earlier, you need to deal with 4 pit-per-pixel displays. You can (mostly) see what the raw framebuffer image looks like with IrfanView, if you set width to 300. You can then crop and save images to .png files with IrfanView, which is how I create screenshot images from a the raw framebuffer.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote