View Single Post
Old 02-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #9
lorenzoens
ex se ens
lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lorenzoens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage edge & Pocket, Sony T1, Galaxy Note I, ex many others
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdietz39 View Post
However they are PDF images, not PDF tex

Kindle DXG takes easily 5 seconds and more to turn a page with these kind of pdfs, I own lots of this kind of books, and DXG is simply unusable with them. I'm talking about pdf files of 35/90 MB, scans of old books with 300 or more pages.

Have two certainties to share:
  • whatever 9,7" ereader you buy, you'll have to trim borders, because zooming this kind of files is painful and only a few readers have the right kind of zooming tools for these (DXG hasn't, Boox M92 has the "Zoom select" like the enTourage had)
  • whatever 9,7" e-paper reader you buy, these are the worst kind of files you can work with. No way, you need a device with some ram and processing power

I'm sorry but you'll need a tablet or a slate. If you find a used enTourage edge you can try it, it has a 1.2 ghz cpu which makes it still the more powerful e-paper device out there.

If you're in love with e-paper devices, you can split your files into 2/3 parts, trim the borders and...Wait for some more Boox M92 / Pocketbook 912 reviews.

Last edited by lorenzoens; 02-26-2012 at 11:33 AM.
lorenzoens is offline   Reply With Quote