View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #87
jaredv
jaredv began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
@kiwidude : I created an empty book, and did not put the author or title in the book, just the goodreads id you gave me. It still did not successfully retrieve the metadata. You can see the results below. I did notice that it successfully resolved the book title, but not the author.
All my other metadata sources were disabled. I tried to download just the cover as well, and nothing was returned.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.40
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Starting download
Query: title:Unknown; authors:Unknown; goodreads:12904336
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': None, u'identifiers': {u'goodreads': u'12904336'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': None}
Using plugins: Goodreads
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Goodreads ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 4.57861399651
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12904336'
Could not find title/authors/goodreads id for u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12904336'
Goodreads: u'12904336' Title: 'Sisterhood of Dune' Authors: None

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 4.70 seconds
The longest time (4.578614) was taken by: Goodreads
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

After not being successful not retrieving the metadata with the completly empty book and only the goodreads id; I looked at your data and put in the tite and author. Again i was unsucessful in downloading any metadata.

Spoiler:
calibre, version 0.8.40
ERROR: No matches found: <p>Failed to find any books that match your search. Try making the search <b>less specific</b>. For example, use only the author's last name and a single distinctive word from the title.<p>To see the full log, click Show Details.

Starting download
Query: title:Sisterhood of Dune; authors:Brian Herbert; goodreads:12904336
{u'authors': [u'Brian Herbert'], u'identifiers': {u'goodreads': u'12904336'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Sisterhood of Dune'}

****************************** Goodreads ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/532.5 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/4.0.249.78 Safari/532.5')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 6.3580930233
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12904336'
Could not find title/authors/goodreads id for u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12904336'
Goodreads: u'12904336' Title: 'Sisterhood of Dune' Authors: None

************************************************** ******************************
The identify phase took 6.44 seconds
The longest time (6.358093) was taken by: Goodreads
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
We have 0 merged results, merging took: 0.00 seconds

Looking more closely at your results and mine; I did notice two differences.

Spoiler:
Here is the log from your search:

Quote:
Starting download
Query: title:Sisterhood of Dune; authors:Herbert, Brian; goodreads:12904336
{u'authors': [u'Herbert, Brian'], u'identifiers': {u'goodreads': u'12904336'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Sisterhood of Dune'}
And here is the log from my search:

Quote:
Starting download
Query: title:Sisterhood of Dune; authors:Brian Herbert; goodreads:12904336
{u'authors': [u'Brian Herbert'], u'identifiers': {u'goodreads': u'12904336'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'Sisterhood of Dune'}

It seems as if in the author search, your search was looking for author by LastName, FirstName and my search was looking for FirstName LastName

I have calibre configured to set the Author as FirstName LastName and the Author Sort to LastName, FirstName.

Attached is a screen cap of the author and title section from my Edit Metadata dialog box.

The only other 'unique' thing may be that I am using Ubuntu 11.10 for my operating system.

I hope this all helps. Feel free to send me a test plugin to try and get more info.

Thanks again for all your help.

Jared
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibreauthorsortscreenshot.png
Views:	119
Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	82949  
jaredv is offline   Reply With Quote