View Single Post
Old 02-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
CRussel
Wizard
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Fire HDX 8.9, Fire HD8.9, Fire 7HD, Surface 2
I participated in a Kickstarter project for a fantasy genre author whose previous work I'd read. The process was clear and the goals set were reasonable and achievable, with appropriate rewards for each level of participation. The result will shortly be a book, and I'm sure both the contributors and the author are quite happy with the process.

The key here is that the author set a reasonable and achievable goal for funding the project, and set appropriate and interesting rewards for different participation levels. In the end she was fully funded and then some, and has done a good job keeping everyone up to date on progress. I'm sure it was more work for her, but I also suspect it will go a long way to solidify a base of committed readers, definitely a good result.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote