View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 04:57 PM   #76
jaredv
jaredv began at the beginning.

Device: nook color
Hello, in the last few weeks it seems as if the Goodreads metadata plugin has not been retrieving any metadata. I am using the both the latest version of Calibre 0.8.40 and the latest version of the goodreads metadata plugin 1.0.9. Whenever I retrieve metadata, I receive back results from Barnes & Noble, Amazon, as well as the other sources I am using; however, I do not get any results from Goodreads. This is true, even if I had previously retieved metadata from Goodreads and the Goodreads identifier is already listed, or if I manually enter the Goodreads identifier.
I have also had a few books created by goodreads authors, that are not available from other places. I have listed the goodreads identifer manually and the metadata still is not retrieved. I only get a response that no metadata was found.
I have been logged into the Goodreads website when trying to download the metadata.
I know that Goodreads recently changed the source of their metadata and no longer gets a feed from Amazon. Has this effected the plugin? Has the way metadata is handled changed, and the plugin needs to be changed to accomidate it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and prompt response.

Jared
jaredv is offline   Reply With Quote