View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 11:54 PM   #36
BooksForABuck
Zealot
BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'BooksForABuck gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: Color Nook, Kindle 2, Palm III, eBookWise, HP Jornada
Jornada as a reading/writing machine

I've been very happy with my Jornada which I bought about a year and a half ago (on eBay) for $75. I was happy to read about the aftermarket batteries although I'm satisfied with my current battery life--on other PDAs, batteries have been major issues (I'm on my third with my iPAQ.)

In terms of Wi-Fi, I've had success using open Wi-Fi at hotels, the college where I teach, and in restaurants. No success with connecting to my own secure Wi-Fi (although it supports at least some encrypted Wi-Fi).

The screen is big enough that you can read PDF files, and the (old) version of Internet Explorer works well enough for HTML formatted eBooks.

I actually use the Jornada primarily as a writing machine (although I have read 6 or 7 books on it). The keyboard takes some adjustment, but it is possible to 10-finger type with it). I've written hundreds of pages on this machine as I use it during my commute on Dallas's light rail.

Because I don't synch, I'd be interested in any insights on how to load Mobipocket directly via the CF card.

Rob Preece
Publisher, www.BooksForABuck.com
BooksForABuck is offline   Reply With Quote