Merging together multiple eBooks together into one eBook seems to be a common request, but there haven't been many tools to do so.
This plugin provides the ability to create new EPUBs by combining the contents of existing (non-DRM)
EPUB format eBooks.
The source may be seen, and a Command Line version obtained, from the project home page
Main Features of EpubMerge Plugin:
- Select a list of stories in calibre,
- Order them,
- Edit the metadata for the new combined eBook, and then,
- Merge the contents of the EPUBs together into the new eBook, now including cover from metadata if set.
- UnMerge previously merged epubs if metadata was saved during merge.
- Configurably able to save the metadata for each merged book for UnMerging later if desired. (Defaults to On.)
- Configurably able to populate custom columns from source books.
- Options now stored inside the Library rather than an external JSON file.
- CLI via calibre-debug --run-plugin
There are a couple of configurable options: whether or not to insert a Table of Contents entry for each merged book (with it's original TOC nested underneath it), and an option to flatten the TOC down to one level only. These options are stored by Library.
- Requires Calibre v0.8.57 or later.
This plugin has translations for:
Command Line Interface(CLI)
Starting with calibre 0.9.23, calibre offers a command-line interface (CLI) for calling plugins.
This plugin supports that option and allows the user to call the plugin's basic functionality from outside calibre without having to install Python or get the plugin's files separately.
Usage: calibre-debug.exe --run-plugin EpubMerge -- [options] <input epub> [<input epub>...]
Given list of epubs will be merged together into one new epub.
-h, --help show this help message and exit
-o OUTPUT, --output=OUTPUT
Set OUTPUT file, Default: merge.epub
-t TITLE, --title=TITLE
Use TITLE as the metadata title. Default: '<first
epub title> Anthology'
-d DESC, --description=DESC
Use DESC as the metadata description. Default: '<epub
title> by <author>' for each epub.
-a AUTHOR, --author=AUTHOR
Use AUTHOR as a metadata author, multiple authors may
be given, Default: <All authors from epubs>
-g TAG, --tag=TAG Include TAG as dc:subject tag, multiple tags may be
given, Default: None
-l LANG, --language=LANG
Include LANG as dc:language tag, multiple languages
may be given, Default: en
Default is to put an entry in the TOC for each epub,
nesting each epub's chapters under it.
-f, --flatten-toc Flatten TOC down to one level only.
-c COVER, --cover=COVER
Path to a jpg to use as cover image.
-k, --keep-meta Keep original metadata files in merged epub. Use for
-s URL, --source=URL Include URL as dc:source and
-u, --unmerge UnMerge an existing epub that was created by merging
-D OUTPUTDIR, --outputdir=OUTPUTDIR
Set output directory for unmerge, Default: (current
- Download the attached zip file and install the plugin/add to context menu or toolbar/restart Calibre as described in the Introduction to plugins thread.
- If you find this plugin useful please feel free to show your appreciation.