Thread: Dan Simmons
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 01:37 PM   #14
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
I'm a big fan of his work. Not as big a fan of his personal beliefs but I set those aside, much as I do when I read Orson Scott Card.
I do the same thing. And I was able to do that with every other work of his. Mostly because I try to remain blissfully unaware of authors' personal beliefs. But with Flashback... Dan Simmons beat me over the head with personal beliefs that were only thinly disguised as a story. That's the first time he's ever done that to me. As long as he never does that to me again, I'll continue to buy and enjoy his work and write this one off as an aberration.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 02-21-2012 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote