View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Distorted Vision View Post
Many thanks BookJunkieLI. I tried:

{#category}/{title} - {authors} [{publisher}, {pubdate}]/{title} - {authors} [{publisher}, {pubdate}]

but it doesn't work. I created the categories with 'Manage User Categories' as in the screenshot:

Any ideas how to get this to work? Since I will be creating many categories to organise my ebooks.

Also with regard the long titles, is this a bug in Calibre? I don't see why it can't handle folder names that length. I edited the metadata in bulk and this is one of the main reason I decided to use Calibre. I really don't want to have to started manually editing folder / file names.

Do you have any suggestions re: colon / underscore issue?

Many thanks!
The colon / underscore issue is a Windows issue. You can't use the followinf marks in file/folder names \ / : * ? " < > | Calibre automatically replaces it with the underscore. There might be a way in Tweaks to change what it automatically changes it too but I'm not overly familiar with that. The other method would be to do a Bulk Edit Search And Replace to either simply remove it from your titles or change it to something like the = sign.

On the Title length as Wallcraft said, again this is a Windows issue. Most of the time it wouldn't be an issue but you have it appearing as both part of the folder name *and* the filename therefor effectively doubling the length. My suggestion would be to drop it out of the Folder name if you don't want to edit the title.

Since you created the category using the User Categories Editor if you change the # to @ that should work. I don't use the User Categories Editor myself so I'm not 100% sure that will fix it for you.

Hope that helps.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote