View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:40 AM   #38
WT Sharpe
Grand Muckity-Muck
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad Air, iPod Nano. Other devices gathering dust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
It may have been because I was 17 at the time.
I have had so many negative memories of that attempt that I have never had the least desire to go back and attempt to read it again.

I could not get into The Dark Tower Series either.
Apache
If you ever change your mind, I might recommend skipping that long, boring, and unnecessary introductory segment, "The Custom House", which comprises almost 20% of the book's length. Past that point, which is where the story of Hester Prynne really begins, it's quite fascinating.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote