View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #18
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Didn't there use to be some issue with mobi->mobi conversions? I can't recall the details, someone will. Personally I always keep ePub, make any changes I want to that, and then convert to mobi. I don't read on a device using ePub since I only read on my Kindle, but ePub is a far more easily editable format to make sure only the changes you want get applied.

The other question I would ask is what are you trying to do with save to disk and creating a new library? If you just want to move your library, that is easily done in other ways. If you have some other reason for a new library, just use calibre to create library and then use right-click Copy to Library to make sure you keep every single bit of your metadata.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote