Thread: V.C. Andrews?
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
MichelleR
Just Me.
MichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five wordsMichelleR can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, Nook Touch
A generation of girls grew up with them, even though they were adult books. I don't know what I'd feel if I read them for the first time today, but they were fascinating to me at the time. I think it's because the main character in the Flowers in The Wind books had the emotional development of a tween -- and stayed there. When you're a kid, there's something compelling about a character who operates at that same level.

It was Southern Gothic, but read very much like a fairytale -- the brave children, the betraying mother, the scary "witch"...
MichelleR is offline   Reply With Quote