View Single Post
Old 06-10-2008, 12:05 AM   #104
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmdreamer View Post
Also...do you know where a good place to purchase 128 sm card from. the ones on ebay for some reason go to high.
Thanks for your help
Mary
No, ebay seems to be the primary source since no new smartmedia cards have been manufactured in over 5 years. Only used/second hand ones can be found, and yes, they do go for a premium, esp the largest size available - 128 MB.

As the 128 MB SM cards are not cheap, you may wish to get two or more smaller cards (16, 32 or 64 MB) if considerably less expensive. However, you may end up swapping the SM cards and this must be done with care or else you may "grid" your unit i.e. wipeout the firmware. Check the IMP wiki for further information about changing SM cards.

EDIT: my bad, while the gridding of the unit i.e. firmware corruption usually/mainly occurs on the REB 1100, since both use SM cards, it is wise to be extra careful with the 1150. I believe the 1150 will handle this situation better, but you never know...

A sigh of relief heard 'round the world!

Last edited by nrapallo; 06-10-2008 at 08:47 AM.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote