View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 11:27 AM   #36
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
I think the OP understood what a Luddite is....rather the OP was referring to being a Luddite in regards to the the "fads" the the media forces down your throat....ie. Social Networking.... Twitter....etc... many people are happy with an ereader that only reads,, email that is only email, a forum such as MR that is not connected to 500 networks at once.

Some of us don't want 500 imaginary friends or to know that Jose had a bagel with tuna for breakfast 22 minutes ago. Some of us don't want even need access to the net 24/7.....
Well, I do not feel like anyone "forced" anything down my throat. I don't need to use Facebook and the like. And even though I'm constantly asked wether I had Facebook, was am member of X, Y or Z, did have Skype or anything like it, no "media police" ever came and forced me to use any of it.

Some people seem to feel like there was a need to have everything and be a part of every possible network, and they react kind of threatened if they a) don't have it or b) don't want it or c) both of it.

If you don't need what your reader offers, turn it off, don't use it or buy another reader. That's perfectly okay. Doesn't make someone a Luddite.

But it doesn't make another person someone running after every "fad" and share unnecessary things with "imaginary friends" either.

The Internet offers much more than what appeals or is useful to one person. And that's okay, too. Doesn't make the Web something that offers too much. At least I don't think so.

To each his own. No media police involved. All is good.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote