View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #116
DavidKitson
Mobile Story Author
DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidKitson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fujitsu P1510 ( Old & Clunky! )
Well, a quick update - Thanks to some very thorough editing assistance from SFReader, I am slowly going through the third edit - no news on when I will finish that though.

Also, I have entered the story into the ABNA competition since it's the only competition I have seen that doesn't exclude self-published works.

I have no idea how that will go - I will let you know in a week, but since pitches are a serious weakness of mine, I'm not expecting to make it past the first cut. However as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained... I know that's not the most positive attitude to take into a competition, but I would be more disappointed with myself if I hadn't given it a go for that reason so I gave it my best shot.

I have managed to receive some good reviews of late also - so thought I'd share a few of the latest ones from the past week. The good news is that so far the second edition reviews are hitting five stars more frequently and I'm getting less negativity in comments about the editing. So thanks again to everyone on this forum for their help with that improvement.

Quote:
I had a great time reading this book! I'll admit it did take me a few chapters to get into it, but once the author started the plot rolling it was a fast paced ride to the end. I agree with some of the comments about the editing and spelling problems. It seemed to be in need of nothing more than a proof read after the software was done with it...while it was not a huge deal there were a few times that it became distracting. I'll admit I was surprised by the ending and I had to "re-evaluate" pictures I had created in my imagination, but very enjoyable. I was happy to find this was not his only book and I look forward to reading more from this author.
Barton Wells - Amazon US.
Quote:
TURING EVOLVED is a hard science fiction rarity that pays as much attention to character as it does to battle scenes and hardware. Building on the cyberspace concepts of Gibson and Stephenson, it follows complex, believable people through equally complicated layers of real and virtual worlds; and it builds its characters without ever slowing down the action. Fast-paced and intensely readable, the story unfolds in a well thought out future near enough to be plausible, on one planet, and within one year – if you want a break from 12-volume sagas and parsecs of territory. The author is an accomplished writer; and if you had paid US$25 for a hardback copy, you would feel that you’d got your money’s worth. (By the way, in a world where readers post automatic rave reviews about their friends’ books, I should add that I’d never heard of David Kitson before I downloaded and raced through TURING EVOLVED.)
Jim-Stinson - Smashwords
Quote:
I really enjoyed this story - the characters are engaging and the plot is interesting (including a twist near the end that I did not see coming). The edition now being offered has been post-edited (by reader feedback) and seems to have got rid of most of the errors mentioned in previous reviews. (there are still a few stray words and similar mistakes, but it's much better on that front than most self-published books that I've read so far). The story itself is up to the standard of anything you'd buy in a bookshop, and considerably better than many - I really recommend it, especially while it's so cheap.
Denny De La Haye - Amazon UK
Quote:
A wonderful first SF novel. I enjoyed everything about this jem of a book...great characters that come to life, a storyline that flows effortlessly and begs you to turn the page,and plenty of twists and turns that really work. In short, I LOVED this book and anxiously await Mr. Kitson's next work.
SLauOH - Barnes and Noble
[edited MODERATOR]

Also, my mobileread pages are all in German ( I think ) now - Does anyone know how to set it back to English? I'm struggling with it and for some reason, Chrome isn't translating it either?

Regards
David

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-15-2012 at 11:32 AM.
DavidKitson is offline   Reply With Quote