Originally Posted by kamanza
Could you please explain to a newbie how to use mobiunpack?
Yes, if you want you can grab the latest version from here:
If you are on Windows and would prefer to use a GUI interface and not the command line, you need to fully install the free community edition of ActiveState ActivePython 2.7.X.
1. Download the attached Mobi_Unpack_v0.39.zip
2. Unzip it (right-click and "Extract All" in Windows)
3. Inside the newly extracted Mobi_Unpack_v0.39 folder
4. In the window that pops up:
- Hit the first Browse... button and select your input mobi ebook file
- Hit the second Browse... button and select a destination folder for the unpacked files
- If you want to split combination mobis, examine the raw markup language, or turn on verbose debugging check the appropriate boxes
- Hit the "Start" button -
The unpacking will start and progress messages and any errors will be indicated in the scrollable Log window. If you run into problems, this Log output may be useful in finding and fixing the issue.
Then look in your destination folder for a mobi7 folder and inside of that you can find the html file, images directory, toc.ncx, content.opf that were processed and stored inside your mobi. You can edit the html any way you like and then use kindlegen on the content.opf file to recreate your modfied mobi ebook.