View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
joehill
joehill began at the beginning.

Device: iriver Story HD W-Fi
frostschutz, I don't know, but the case is that I uploaded my reader to the latest wifi firmware version successfully downloading it from iriver site, but then when I connected the wifi in the device, it found a new firmware version and when I tried to install, I frooze the reader. As I already had the latest wifi firmware installed (the 1.21), I think what my reader detected was the basic firmware (because the latest version for basic reader is 1.28, greater than 1.21), otherwise my reader didn't find a new version... And when I contacted to iriver customer service, they told me that because the wifi version is not sold in Spain, I shouldn't have accepted an automatic upgrade...

And the problem is that the iriver technical service only accept to repair in warranty readers sold in Europe, and also I have to pay the shipping to Germany, so I suppose that this will cost a lot... I'm very upset, because I bought the reader only one month ago, and i think that is failing due to an iriver error, not by my fault...
joehill is offline   Reply With Quote