View Single Post
Old 02-12-2012, 02:05 AM   #17
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRiver Story, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJJ View Post
it's a shame what has happened at iriver. They have elegant designs with lousy software.
I would certainly agree, CJJ.

Though they seem to have some level of clout, at least. They announced a joint venture with LG - what, a year ago? - but I'm not sure what's come of it. Except perhaps the Story HD - does LG have a hand in that? And now the apparent partnership with Google Books - does Google see potential in iRiver, or is it hard up for hardware partners to support its start-up bookstore, or does iRiver simply pay Google a licensing fee to give its hardware perceived added value? I wonder. (One thing that attracted me to iRiver in the first place was that it wasn't leashed to a specific vendor, but that was my own bias. All the leading ereader hardware is now either tied to or directly sold by an ebook vendor - including the Kobo that I've just bought. )
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote