View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Ebooks from the backlists. My peeve.

Okay, I'm admitting it. I *like* Stephen Coonts' books (Flight of the Intruder, Final Flight, Minotaur, etc.) and have read them all in paperback. Most of the new series are available as ebooks, and almost all of the older are available as 'darknet' ebooks. I've got them all - except for the second in the "Saucer" duology, "Saucer: The Conquest". Naturally, that's the one I lost from my dead-tree files and the one I can't find at my local used-book store.

I'm basically switching over, as much as possible, to ebooks. It's my greatest peeve that for so many authors' works, there's always one title that doesn't make it's way into the ebooks catalog! Another of these is the newest release of Lee Child's "Jack Reacher" series. I can get every single one from eReader, BooksOnBoard, Fictionwise and Mobipocket - EXCEPT - "The Visitor", formerly known as "Running Blind". I have purchased all but that one. And, of course, it's not out on 'darknet'... Well, yes it is. But every single copy out there ends at the same line - pages before the end of the book!

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Why, oh why cannot the publishers release all the backlist books as ebooks, rather than 'all-but-one'???

Okay. I feel better now.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote