View Single Post
Old 02-09-2012, 05:59 PM   #2
MatthiasR.
M92 user
MatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of lightMatthiasR. is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Onyx M92
Hi,

since I do not use Calibre, I cannot answer question 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anamardoll View Post
I'm seriously planning to get a Boox M92 around the March time-frame. I've glanced around on the forums, but have a few questions:

2. Does it support file tagging or folder organization? (I'm used to Sony collections.)

3. Does it show PDFs "as is" without trying to convert/reflow the text (as seen with the Nook)?
Regarding 2:
Folder organization is supported. File tagging is not. However, you can search for (parts of) file names. Maybe this can be seen as tags ;-)

Regarding 3:
Reading PDFs works superbly (at least for me). The pdfs are shows "as is". Best of all: It supports to hide margins, thereby allowing to read even scientific papers with 2 columns (and corresponding small font size). I do not know of any other e-ink device currently supporting this. The major advantage with respect to cropping the pdf before uploading it on the device is that you still have the margins to scribble on, if needed.
Additionally, several (14 to be exact) different zoom modi are supported.
On top of that, you have the selection zoom. So PDF handling is really well done.

Feel free to ask more questions!
MatthiasR. is offline   Reply With Quote