Originally Posted by DianNC
Did you happen to connect your NT to your computer with an open browser? The covers on my books will reset and have B&N's stupid banner thingy on them if I do that with my NC. I now make sure the NC wifi setting is off and no browser is running on my computer.
An open browser on my computer or on my NT? If you're talking about on my computer, then yes, I'm certain I did. I have Firefox open to my gmail on my computer almost the whole time it is up. Anytime I've connected my NT to my computer since I received it Christmas, I'm fairly certain a browser window was open. Of course, this problem just cropped up.
While I love Calibre when I need to use it, and I used it a whole lot more for epub to mobi conversions when I was reading on my Kindle 3, I really don't want to go that route now. Calibre is an awesome tool and I don't want to bad mouth it in any way but it does a lot of strange formatting changes even when just doing a basic epub to epub conversion that, at least to me, far outweigh the benefit of this fixing the problem with side-loaded book images.
I saw numerous posts referring to the NC & the NT liking to have the cover id defined as cover in the content.opf file and noticed that most of mine call it something else, usually the filename with a lower case x in front of it. Once I changed this and updated the copy on my NT, all of the covers for the books I've "fixed" are now showing again. Thankfully, no sort of Calibre conversion was required. Hopefully this fix will hold. If it does, this is easy enough for me to change on all of my ebooks in the future.
Thanks to all of the many, MANY posters and suggestions on this thread.