View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 04:52 PM   #125
ab78727
ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ab78727 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Kobo Mini, Nook HD+
I sent about 20 books to bookscan.us as well. So far the response time is quite a bit faster than 1dollarscan (I think the latter has just gotten some well-deserved popularity after they lowered the Platinum price in December). Bookscan.us doesn't offer the many options that 1ds has, such as Fine Tuning; I like the latter since the raw color scans are kind of huge (100MB+) so I keep them on the PCs and the ereaders get the fine-tuned files that are much smaller (10MB).

The books I sent Bookscan.us are to be scanned in B&W (per my specification) so hopefully the file size would be reasonable. Once this batch is done and I am happy, I will be sending more just because I am happy with the responsiveness and the status communications. BTW, Bookscan.us will also return the cut-up book back to you for a fee if you want, which is a nice option.

I will continue using both services as long as they perform as expected. I have a whole lot of books to go through and was contemplating buying another 1dollarscan Platinum membership but will try using both vendors for different types of books instead.
ab78727 is offline   Reply With Quote