View Single Post
Old 02-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #106
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhan View Post
Ok I got pretty sure that the look up feature doesn't work properly whenever the inflections include non ANSI symbols (outside of 0-255 range).

Has anyone tried to make the look up work with other non ANSI alphabets such as (I believe) Croatian Romanian or Hungarian, or even completely different alphabets like Russian or Arabic? I wonder if the problem exists with Kindle Touch only.
The Kindle doesn't support Russian or Arabic dictionaries, but Mobipocket Reader definitely supports Arabic inflections. (It doesn't support LTR for more than one word, though)

I just did a test on my Kindle Keyboard with a simple Turkish dictionary with 2 entries with inflections and didn't have problems looking up inflections containing the dotless i.

Make sure that your .html source files are utf-8 files with a byte order mark and that the output format is also defined as utf-8 in the .opf file.

Code:
<output encoding="utf-8">
If both source .html files and output encoding are set to utf-8, and your inflections are properly defined, it's a Kindle Touch bug.

You can test your dictionary with Mobipocket Reader.

EDIT: K3 and higher now support Arabic and Russian dictionaries. However, Arabic dictionaries don't support RTL for multi-word entries.

Last edited by Doitsu; 12-18-2012 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Updated for latest FW updates
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote