View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:55 PM   #1
pierak
Ebooks Addict
pierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipediapierak knows more than wikipedia

Device: kindle 2 & 3 kbd, kindle dx (cookbooks only), ipad
Question Adding new Kindle books to Calibre

Hi,
I'm new to this forum and to Calibre. In the family we have one Kindle 2nd gen and two Kindle 3rd gen, all keyboard models. I have Kindle for PC on my computer. I just installed Calibre (on Windows 7), and imported all my Kindle books from the Kindle for PC directory (900+). I often buy books directly form the Kindle, but I always download them to the Kindle for PC as a backup. My question is this (and please forgive me if the answer is available somewhere else, I searched but could not find it): Since Calibre uses the book title as filename, while Kindle uses the ASIN number as filename, how do I add ONLY the newer books to Calibre, and not the whole library? Does Calibre match the titles, and know which ones are new? Do I need to change the way I order books to use Calibre?
Thanks for your help!
pierak is offline   Reply With Quote