View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
Nick_1964
Bookworm
Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Nick_1964 can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Sony prs-650, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
There are many ways to set the margins in the CSS. Due to the nature of CSS, you must actually look in the CSS how it is done to 'fix' it.

Why don't you like margins and justify?
I look in the CSS, and I know how to fix it, but I have to do this all by hand, so a simple set of overruling values that I can copy and paste to the bottom of a CSS is much more simple.
In my case, I have a special form of "dislectic's" I don't read a book actually, every centence is some kind of a picture to me, some people call it diagonal reading.
When I look at subtitles on a movie, I don't actually read it, but look to it as a picture.
This make a movie special, the subtitle are a part of the screen,they don't disturb me, and I read the centence in less then a second.
The same with a book, I watch centence bij centence and the story forms in my head.
The "jumping" centence's distract me, the same way justify does, they change the form of the centence make it much harder for me to "read" it.
My sony can put away the margins, but it doesn't look good, sometimes, overreacting now, you have 3 words that fills the whole line.
The way I read, I "watch" a page in about 10 seconds.
When I receive a letter, I watch it and okay, read it, done.
While my partner is spelling it out, I have "read" the letter 10 times.
Same with editing ebooks in Sigil, watch, hey that ; does not belong there, hey there is no space between the . and the next line.
It's a gift, but allso a big handicap if books are not made the way I "watch" them.
I hope with just one year english lessons that I made clear what I mean.
Nick_1964 is offline   Reply With Quote