View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Yes, The English Patient would be 1981-2000.

I clarified "written in" versus "published in" mainly for a few works that aren't published until many, many years later, sometimes posthumously, so in those cases they'd fall into the time they were actually written, but in most cases the published date would be fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyfan View Post
I nominate the period 1901--1920. it begins with elegance and optimism and ends with the catastrophe of The Great War and the disillusionment of the Lost Generation. The writers include those who celebrate the era, those who see the futility of life and those who experience the horrors of war.
These responses answer my questions. I'm not going to be the first to nominate, but I may 2nd a nomination.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote