View Single Post
Old 02-06-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Nexus S, Galaxy S, Nook Color, iPhone4, iPT4, iPad 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
There is no way to know when all the files of the book are available. calibre will be notified the moment the first file is copied, it then has no way to know how long to wait until all the remaining files have been copied.
Yeah, that's what I was considering. How would Calibre know when it's safe to do the import?

In terms of use case, as with a lot of folks here, I work with multiple computers. When I'm away from my home, I often export ebooks (generally in 3 formats: HTMLZ, EPUB & MOBI) to an "import" folder on my Dropbox account using the following naming convention: {authors}/{title}/{authors} - {title} for adding to the main Calibre server on my primary desktop. On the desktop, I have a batch file that adds ebooks from the Dropbox "import" folder. Normally, I RDP into the desktop and when Dropbox has finished syncing, I run the batch file. I was just thinking it would be more convenient if I can skip the RDP step and just have Calibre automatically import from Dropbox.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote