View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 12:52 AM   #15
rhari79
Addict
rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.rhari79 actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: want a 13.3 inch Tab/ebook reader
I love my PB as it is now. except for the too less num of mail/chat/reader apps.

In case you are adventurous, QT is available for playbook.
FBReader/Coolreader can be made to work with QT.

I have a "very stable" vanilla port of native FBReader working on the PB (1.x fw), but am not very confident of releasing it to others. (By that i mean am lazy to start trying to fix bugs etc., )
Everything in fbreader works beautifully; issues are that the toolbar is always visible and the setup dialog is very ugly to manipulate. People who have used Iliad would realize what i mean. And the pkg is about 80+mb as i just threw in all qt stuff into the bar file(again lazy).

Coolreader is a little more unstable so i dropped it.

This maybe a mute point if OS2 comes out as Android provides a lot of reader apps.

But knowing android, i am sure there will be issues with battery life and performance.
rhari79 is offline   Reply With Quote