View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 05:10 PM   #10
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgalbrecht View Post
Some of the negative reviews mention that there's a lot of rape, pedaphilia, and incest in this book, some of it fairly graphic.
I saw that also. I know some reviewers give negative comments in the reviews on Amazon, even if something is hinted at in a book. So, I wondered about how, what, or how much it pertains to the plot and character development.

The blurb comment on Amazon, "But the space travelers had not reckoned on the terrible threat of high space-the pirates, barbaric men who rape, rob, and murder, with no thought but to satisfy their bestial appetites. It will take all Hope's ingenuity to survive, but the atrocities he witnesses will never die," makes it appear that this is necessary to the plot and development of those characters. Since I haven't read the book, I can't comment on how true or graphic that is.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote