View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 03:30 PM   #9
KevinH
Guru
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Hi,

The version of Office I have makes no such claim. You can read the Office 2010 EULA online (Google it) and see that the only thing they prohibit selling is the media elements (built-in clipart, sounds, music) IF and only IF the primary purpose of the document is to simply sell those media elements.

Here is the direct quote:

"You may copy and use the media elements in projects and documents. You may not (i) sell, license or distribute copies of the media elements by themselves or as a product if the primary value of the product is the media elements"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
I'm pretty sure the Microsoft Word Home Edition EULA says you can't sell the output from the software at all. Anywhere. This because you're not allowed (by EULA) to use the software for a business.

So the Apple iBooks EULA is still a horrible license, even after the change.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote