View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 02:57 AM   #62
tayseidel
Connoisseur
tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.tayseidel can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: PRS-505/PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
For anyone who may be interested and doesn't already know...

Morkl has been doing some excellent work enhancing the standard Sony reader app. This is still a work in progress but as of now these are the features:
  • Fixed bold/italic bug when selecting different font from 'Original'
  • Can customise your own set of 6 preferred fonts (replacing Amasis, Palatino etc). Can also redefine 'Original' if you want.
    Can also customise body margins, line spacing, justification.
    Note: it is still possible that the internal css of some epubs may override your custom settings
  • Can customise the 8 font-sizes so there isn't such a big jump between each.
  • Can set the number of pages between full page refresh.
  • Can be installed on either rooted or non-rooted T1s. It replaces the original Sony app.

For anyone wanting to track the progress of Morkl's projects there are threads here and here
Thanks Jackie! I've since installed one of the norefresh mods that was posted in another thread. While the concept sounds nice, it's not very practical as far as readability goes. The text looks horrible, so I prefer the refresh on every page. It would be nice if no quality was lost while turning pages with the refresh turned off, or set to refresh every 5 pages. I suspect it will be better sometime down the road.

This weekend, I am going to flash the modified reader and home apps that Morki developed, just so that I have them even though I don't use them.
tayseidel is offline   Reply With Quote