View Single Post
Old 06-07-2008, 06:14 AM   #1
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Kindle DXi, Kindle 3, iPad and iPhone 4
Lightbulb Let's compare the different firmware versions

I would like to compare the fixes and "brakes" of each version of the firmware (starting from build 538) and compile them in a table, easy to read. Since I don't have a Cybook, I would like users to post here, in list form, the pros and cons of each version they experienced.

I think this could be useful for everyone, as I noticed that people are undecided about which version should they upgrade (or roll back) to.

Collected information so far:

-> 538
+ ...
+ ...

-> 674
+ Page turn button more responsive
+ ...

-> 685
+ Event buffer (slicker lookup times, etc)
+ Perfect bookmark memory
+ Perfect memory of last page read
- Reduced battery life (tests are confirming this)
- Worse PDF support (compared to 674, how about 538?)
- Page turn button less responsive

Last edited by Over; 06-11-2008 at 07:00 AM.
Over is offline   Reply With Quote