View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 05:54 AM   #10
crossi
Guru
crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crossi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
You could make something like the Frankenkindle keypad but instead of wiring in a physical big keypad use something like Dragon Naturally Speaking to send a signal to some device wired into the kindle keys.

I would be happy if I could use Speech Recognition on the kindle for PC. I can use it to open Kindle PC and to turn the pages but I cannot select or open the books with it. I wish either Amazon and/or Microsoft work work at making them fully compatable.

As for being a niche market that is true. There is a program called Zoom Text which magnifies and reads aloud computer screens. Because it is a niche product for the visually impaired it costs $700 but it is still produced and marketed. If you need something like that you need it and simply have to swallow the cost.

Last edited by crossi; 02-01-2012 at 05:58 AM.
crossi is offline   Reply With Quote