View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #71
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, Jetbook Mini, Jetbook Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro
As soon as you guys receive it, I'd love to take a few gif/jpg shots of a PDF science book (with some graphs) which I'd love you to show full screen on the device!

If possible I'd also create a PDF by copying one or two pages from regular PDF's to see how they display; but most PDF's I have are protected, so I can't copy their content to another without having to rebuild the page structure of the PDF.

I'm sure reading standard PDF's with reflow will be readable, but you'll lose all the formatting (and on many readers, the pictures too).

I wish to see if it displays PDF files with graphs and text without reflow, and if it is capable (probably not) to remove the white border around the page which wastes nearly an inch or two off your screen. Basically do a 'zoom to text' would probably make PDF's viewable on a 800x600 screen, but Adobe always limited their mobile apps to 'zoom to page'.

Even with interpollation the 800x600 screen might not be enough. At least, on a RBG LCD screen you need 1024x720 or 1024x768 for reading PDF's comfortably.
Try setting your resolution to 800x600, and you'll find you always have to make compromises reading PDF files (unless their format is smaller than A4 or letter format).
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote