View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:11 AM   #35
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevecoeur View Post
... I will be going the connector route as you suggest. However, I notice that the recommended receptacle housing (78172-0003) and
receptacle crimp terminal (78172-0410) have a different gauge size (28-30) from the ttl to usb cable (24). Will this present any problems (again, I have almost no experience with electronics)?
Look at the photos posted by hondamarlboro on a different thread. He soldered to the connector sockets. The special crimp tool costs $300 USD.

You could attach smaller wires to the connector, then solder larger wires to those.

I needed VERY small wires to connect to the tiny remaining SMT resistor pads on my k4nt, so I took apart a dead CFL (compact fluorescent light bulb), and I uses some of the enamel-coated wire from the choke coil contained on the circuit board inside the light bulb. Lot's of other useful components in their too, including two diodes you could use in a level shifter circuit (but your cable does not need that).

You can get small wires from descarded electronics.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote