View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 05:49 AM   #7
GrannyGrump
Persnickity Nitpicker
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
Guys, thank you all so much for your responses. You have given me a lot to go on with, this will keep me busy for a few days!

@ jimlester, SBT --- I have used svg Without Caption as a single page (cover, titlepage) but never tried it inline with text, so that will definitely be on my try-it-out list. I had been using a Div with page-break-inside: avoid, but will try the page-break-before: always
as well.
I think I had also failed to place a max width / max height setting to the class.

@ theducks --- I had not thought of the background image method, and will play around with that some.

@ DaleDe -- I have been using such a Div, and I am going to try to also SBT's suggestion to add page-break-before and see if that does any better. The "Title" thing might be a little iffy for a book I plan to upload to the Mobileread Library, but I for sure will try it for personal books on my Sony.

@ alexBell --- I will absolutely delighted to rip off - er, sorry, ADAPT--- your code to see if it works for me.

Thanks to all of you. And thanks for not grumbling at me to search and find an answer somewhere in the forum. This is not how I'm used to being treated as a noob!
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote