View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #30
idoit
Plus
idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.idoit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
In some cases, the USB Drive shows up as only 0-bytes long, so you cannot put anything on it. That just means that it is not exported correctly at that stage of booting. If it crashed later in the boot process, the full USB Drive and its contents would be visible.

If you boot far enough to have access to the USB Drive, you should be able to use data.tar.gz to examine and repair it.

On my k4nt, it is stuck in USB HID mode because part of the MMC flash storage got somehow corrupted, so it no longer has a valid serial number and board ID. The u-boot bootloader says that it cannot initialize the hardware for an unknown board type, so it drops into USB HID mode.

There is work in progress by devs to figure out how repair a kindle using USB HID mode.

So there is hope. You may want to hold off on discarding your bricked kindle and wait for a USB HID solution.

It might be a long wait, so I my case I purchases another k4nt to replace my bricked one. I would do the same for my touch if I brick that "beyond repair by current known methods".
geekmaster: By data.tar.gz. are you referring to: http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=84 ?
There is no runme.sh file in it? but I think as you said, if I can run a shell code and undo those logging changes, my Touch should come alive!

Also, is there any way for me to completely shut this thing down (black screen)? I don't know somehow to discharge the whole battery or ...? This way I will be sure that it actually reboots.

Also zkat, I think the main reason for this is disabling logging (damn it!) because I did the same thing... so, for reference of others, I absolutely recommend NOT meddling with those configs (or be really suspicious about them)!

Last edited by idoit; 01-30-2012 at 03:31 PM.
idoit is offline   Reply With Quote