Thread: Color introduction
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #7
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I recently updated my ereader to a nook color and spent a few days playing around with the stock and then updating to the latest 1.4.1 firmware from B&N. Once I found the limitations, I looked around for a way to go around them.

I ended up with a 16GB microsdhc card set to be bootable into the CM7 firmware mentioned above. A normal power up will go directly to Android where I can run what I want, have market access, and customize to my heart's desire. If I want to boot to the original nook firmware, I can, and if I want to avoid the CM7 altogether, I just take out the microsdhc card.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote