View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 07:20 PM   #67
aecardenas
Kafkaesque
aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aecardenas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Scrivener all the way if your are a Mac user. It's the perfect way to organize all of your thoughts, ideas, notes, research, various drafts, create character list, and compose in a non-linear fashion, which is pretty much how most of us write anyway, and then you can compile your work in a variety of different options.

What's also cool about it, is that you have different starting templates that you can use for each type of work--so if you are doing a novel with Parts and Chapters, then there is a template for that; if you are writing a Screenplay, then there is a template for that; if you are writing short stories or poetry or a stage play or a non-fiction (such as essays or research papers, etc)...there are templates for those types.

Oh, and did I mention it also has this cool little "cork board" feature, which allows you to brainstorm with scenes on notecards and mix-match them on a cork board and rearrange them on the fly, depending on how you are pacing your narrative, etc.

And it's not that expensive either. I think just $45, and worth every penny. I use it for all my novels and scripts (both stage and screen), and have ever begun to start using it for poetry and song lyrics.

Last edited by aecardenas; 01-29-2012 at 07:23 PM.
aecardenas is offline   Reply With Quote