View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #134
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernalve View Post
Hi, everyone...

I'm a newbie that just installed the last (tar.gz) jailbreak and did it wrongly.

I didn't understand if the jailbreak would work with the tar.gz file alone or if i had to "unzip" it in the root folder... so I did both.

Then, I restarted my kindle (touch, 5.0) and for the last half and hour it has been trying to start but keeps refreshing the image that says kindle and has a person reading behind a tree.

I tried connecting through usb to my laptop, but it won't recognise it...

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,

ernesto
Which data.tar.gz did you use? There are different people posting different versions in different threads, of differing amounts of safety and reliability. We need to analyze the exact one that you used.

What do you mean by "latest"? Did you download it from the wiki, or from a thread?

Please provide a link to the one you used. A *lot* of people seem to be bricking their kindles with data.tar.gz lately. We need to get this under control.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote