View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 03:08 PM   #4
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
I wonder what this means for e-ink sales?

Surveys in the US have suggested that about 10-15% of the adult population reads 12 or more books per year. And that 60% read at least one book per year.

I would assume that the 20% of the adult population who owns an e-book reader would include most of the 12-or-more group and the remainder would be people who didn't quite meet the 12 book cutoff.

But I would imagine that e-books sales will plateau as the remaining population without e-book readers ends up being less frequent readers. If you only read 4 books a year, for example, are you really going to buy an e-ink reader?
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote