View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
chrisridd
Addict
chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.chrisridd actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kobo Aura, Sony PRS-T1 (dead)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbullkar View Post
I am on Snow Leopard.

Can you run qlmanage in debug mode and let me know what it lists for the UTI (e.g. "Content type UTI: org.idpf.epub-container.") - I will try adding it manually.
The UTI reported by Lion is indeed "org.idpf.epub-container", and that's the one the current version of Jake's epub.qlgenerator generates previews for.

I think I see the problem. The BetterZip Quicklook plugin explicitly matches files with an "epub" file extension, and on Snow Leopard that gets used instead of the UTI, as Snow Leopard does not declare that proper epub UTI.

I don't know if you can add the correct UTI anywhere - if you figure out how, please reply here. I'm currently helping Jake update his qlgenerator and maybe there's something it can do better.

I've found a way to get around this by patching BetterZip though:

1. Move the BetterZipQL.qlgenerator file to your desktop. Run qlmanage -r to make OS X forget about it.

2. Open the Contents/Info.plist file inside the BetterZipQL.qlgenerator package using a text editor.

3. Find the single line in the file that looks like:

<string>epub</string>

Delete that line. Save the Info.plist file.

4. Move the BetterZipQL.qlgenerator file back to /Library/QuickLook. Run qlmanage -r again.

Another workaround is to rename "epub.qlgenerator" so it is alphabetically before "BetterZip", e.g. "aaepub.qlgenerator".

Last edited by chrisridd; 02-02-2012 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Added the renaming workaround.
chrisridd is offline   Reply With Quote