View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 10:25 AM   #3
tinder_box
tinder_box began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sigil does show some strange characters when I go to validate, but they look fine to me.

Sigil points me to number of lines in my document, saying "no character data is allowed by content model."

and

"element 'br' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)' "

It looks like most of the problems have to do with block quotes. I'm assembling them like so:

<blockquote class="calibre10">
Neither party expected for the war the magnitude or the duration which it has already attained... as was said three thousand years ago, so still it must be said “the judgments of the Lord are true and righteous altogether.”<br class="calibre1" />
<br class="calibre1" />
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in, to bind up the nation’s wounds, to care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow and his orphan, to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace among ourselves and with all nations.
</blockquote>

Admittedly, my html isn't the strongest.

Any thoughts? thanks in advance for any input.
tinder_box is offline   Reply With Quote