View Single Post
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
dare
Member
dare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitydare has become a pillar of the MobileRead community
 
Posts: 14
Karma: 15762
Join Date: Jan 2012
Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle Keyboard
Thumbs up Perfect!

Thank you to you both, meltdown and Thor, especially for sharing the script and pointing to j0534ng31's instructions (http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...1&postcount=28).

For the record: in order to accomplish step 2 therein - installing the driver - on Win7 64bit I did the following:
  1. Taking linux-cdc-acm.inf from http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/usb/
  2. Copying the contents of the mdmcpq.inf folder (starting with mdmcpq.inf_amd64_neutral in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\ on my machine) into the same folder where I put the inf.
  3. Modifying the DeviceList in the inf - here it took me some time to realize that the serial/USB-bridge in recovery mode has a different VID and PID than the T1 when connected normally (rather logical, but I just did not get it in the beginning...). I used USB\VID_0525&PID_A4A7.
  4. Pointing the driver install dialog to the folder with the inf as well as usbser.sys and friends, giving me a connection to the T1 on COM8.

Then it was easy to fiddle about with PuTTY as suggested by Thor. While I also used your script, I additionally just dumped the whole "disk" /dev/mmcblk2 to the external sd - should make a quick entire restore easier, which, however, I did not try yet.

Best, d.
dare is offline   Reply With Quote