View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 05:53 AM   #203
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
I'm still happy with my challenges. I designed most of my series challenges as "try it and see" so that I wouldn't feel locked in to reading those. My Amazon Freebies Decimation challenge isn't making much progress, but I knocked quite a dent in the Harlequin Decimation challenge.

I've read 15 total books so far. I know I won't be able to maintain my current pace for long (especially since there might be a new job on the horizon) so I'm happy I came out of the gate at top speed. It'll help later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
15! Nice!!! Those freebies will get you every time! I've just stopped looking at them, for fear my hard drive wiill expolde!

Good luck and congratulations on the (possible) new job. I'll be cheering for you.
. Good luck with the job!

I have reduced my challenge to 75 books (it was 100 in 2011), which is still 6 a month, and so far have only read 2 books, so I'm falling behind already. Not exactly sure why - I have read a couple of short stories which I'm not counting, and listening to a bit more radio, so that is having an impact. I'm sure I'll make up lost time soon .

Otherwise, I'm happy with the challenge. Having a selection of named books is helping me to decide what to read next, so that's .

Last edited by orlok; 01-24-2012 at 10:38 AM. Reason: clarification
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote