View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #126
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Woohoo! I have some working SDL apps on my touch! Being persistent usually wins in the end. I just had to read the configure file and disable the "esd audio" and "pulse audio" things that were failing to compile. The kindles use alsa audio anyway. Now the sdl test GUI apps are is complaining about "No video mode large enough for 640x480". I guess you cannot fit 640 pixels on a 600 pixel-wide eInk display.

So I changed orientation to 800x600 with launch menu, and have two ssh sessions. When I md5sum /dev/fb0 before running the sdl testbitmap app, it gives me md5sum=0aff...3c90 before and after running the app, but while the app is running, I get md5sum=1cc8...4e63. Interesting... It seems to be locking the framebuffer because "eips -c" does nothing. Exiting the program turns the screen all black and leaves it locked. killall Xorg fixed it though...

And this uses no loop mounts. I set my compile directory to /mnt/us on my host PC, so the apps now look for libs in /mnt/us/lib. In place of the two symlinks, I just copied the source and rename to the destination libraries. Now that I can build SDL from source and it mostly works, I just need to insert the eInk update trigger. There are a whole lot of SDL apps out there (including QEMU). With QEMU I can run x86 programs too... ;-)

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 08:00 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote