View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 12:27 PM   #294
anabaino
anabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enoughanabaino will become famous soon enough

Device: SONY PRS-T1
Rooting only working on W$

Hi again.

Finally I could *only* root the T1 if using a "native" W$ (in my case a W$ 7 64bit). The stuff in the "minimal-root" folder only has worked for me in this case and only in this.

That is, nothing happened from a W$ XP 32bit guest inside a VirtualBox running on a Linux KUbuntu Oneiric host.

And of course nothing has happened using the procedure of copying, from this Oneiric box, the contents of the sdcard folder to the /READER partition along with the PRS-T1 updater.package file and then pressing the HOME and the MENU buttons when booting (neither formatting the READER partition nor performing a hard reset did make any difference).

For now, then, the real fact is that I cannot say I've been able to root the T1 from my Linux box. That's why I suggested we could state from which operating system have we done the rooting procedure. Can it be done from a Linux box? Has anybody succeeded in it?

Thanks.
anabaino is offline   Reply With Quote