View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 AM   #35
geekmaster
Всё гениальное просто.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: *.*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikhin View Post
I guess I can use paper clips then - since I'm not sure where I'll find copper foil.

Yeah, it's for temporary usage - I'm not sure what falls under permanent usage?
Permanent might be a cable for a foldable serial keyboard, or a serial mouse, that you plan to use many times.

Temporary is just for debricking/recovery (hopefully not many times).

You could take the template or pattern (available elsewhere on mobileread) for the etched circuit board (using only the kindle 3 side of the pattern) and expand the external side with pads large enough to hold paper clips. Then glue the foil onto a suitable thickness piece of plastic (or even glued layers of card stock or paperboard, and when secure, slice out very thin strips of foil to separate the traces. It helps to use a V-shaped hobby knife, but an exacto-style hobby knife will work too if you are careful.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote